First of all, you need to know:
- You can't break most of the blocks here. You can only break:
- Wooden door
- crafting table
- cobble, coal, iron, sulfur ores
- The blocks you craft and place.
- There are a few new hostile mobs, wolf, bear, zombie (no a different kind), bloaters, zombie wolf, bandit(Not the player).
- wolves are normal things... not very strong, but still stronger than wooden axes.
- Bears are just powerful. If you're only armed with a wooden axe. Try not to duel it. Unless you're really good at mashing left-click.
- Zombies are a lot faster than your normal Minecraft zombie and are hard to fight if you are weakly armed. Use guns, or lure them into spikes to dispatch them.
- Bloaters are slow moving mobs, that will puke on you when nearby, giving you poison, nausea and slowness. Dispite this, bloaters can be easily killed with a stone or iron axe as they have no melee attack and no knockback. And their pukes give poison, which means they can't kill you on their own. Beware if other mobs are nearby though.
- Zombie wolfs are simply wolves that are faster and slightly stronger. Shouldn't pose a challenge unless swarmed. Or unless you're only armed with a wooden axe.
- New weapons, mainly guns.
- When you open the crafting table GUI, you'll realize you need "schematics" to craft better equipment. To find schematics, you need to explore "radiation zones"(basically abandoned towns). Remember, don't stay in a radiation zone for too long, or the radiation will blind and kill you.
- Its good to try not to kill anyone, because if you are a "survivor", you won't lose the items in your hotbar. But if you kill another survivor, you will become a "bandit". You won't be able to keep your hotbar items anymore. If you really want to kill someone, make sure he hits you first, then you won't become a bandit if you kill him.
- If you're a survivor, remember to keep all rare and important things in your hotbar, lest something happens and you die.
- Only you can destroy what you build, so make a home that can't be accessed. Tip: Don't use doors. Break your way out of your house through a wall to exit. Because people can destroy your wooden doors, and iron doors are ultimately very costly.
- What's the point of planting seeds? It takes cobble and wood to make that 1 farmland and the digging to find seeds. What so good about bread? What's so good is that bread will reduce your radiation level by 20. But it also reduces your thirst level by 5.
- AntiRad can be used to cure rad by a large amount. It can only be found in Radiation zones though.
- There is a thirst bar that depletes over time. You can eat certain foods to restore your thirst, or you can craft quartz bottles with quartz ORE (yes. DO NOT SMELT QUARTZ ORE.) You can scoop up some water from any water source. Smelt the bottle after doing so to get better water that restores more thirst and hunger. Note: Drinking from bottles consumes the bottle itself too.
DO NOT. BUILD NEAR SPRUCE WOOD, ORES OR COBBLESTONE AS YOUR HOUSE WILL BE NATURALLY DESTROYED.
For other veteran players, you can comment to ask me to add a tip of your own, or something you find that isn't right,