Welcome to Minebuilders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Skyflakes : (24 June 2017 - 02:32 AM)

Omfg this lag, I did double post

@  Ashll : (24 June 2017 - 01:23 AM)

So many people leaving and joining with random names

@  Ashll : (24 June 2017 - 01:23 AM)

Server is being bot attacked...

@  Blancyy : (24 June 2017 - 12:27 AM)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 11:26 PM)

skyflakes

@  Ari122riz : (23 June 2017 - 10:24 PM)

youssof pls answer the electro appeal me not want base purge!

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 10:21 PM)

ill join with KingKongPanda lol

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 10:21 PM)

legit doesnt load on any account

@  Crazyeyeforkill : (23 June 2017 - 10:21 PM)

ight

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 10:20 PM)

imma join with JojoBeastModed

@  Crazyeyeforkill : (23 June 2017 - 10:19 PM)

ok

@  Jakeybell999 : (23 June 2017 - 10:17 PM)

Youssof Can You Please Answer

@  Jakeybell999 : (23 June 2017 - 10:13 PM)

Stop Spamming Then

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 10:13 PM)

Crazy I'm joining rn stay put

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 10:12 PM)

argue in shoutbox legit gets you no where on this server

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 10:12 PM)

Jakey. stop asking the same thing just pm

@  Jakeybell999 : (23 June 2017 - 10:11 PM)

Youssof why was i banned for the same reason ?

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 10:10 PM)

Youssof do you reset forum passwords?

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 10:09 PM)

get*

@  JordanIsPro : (23 June 2017 - 10:09 PM)

But as human you should expect what you give is what you he

Photo

Urgent Help!

11 replies to this topic

Ruby

Ruby

-{Designer}-

• 793 posts

• LocationHaven
We'll I was using my pc which is custom built fine. Then all off a sudden a window popped up saying that it it couldn't find the D drive which is my hdd. So I turned my computer off then on and now it won't boot from my ssd which my windows is installed on. My bios recognizes both my ssd and hdd. When I unplug my hdd I am able to boot up to windows. But soon as I plug in my hdd it is stuck on the motherboard loading screen. I tested to see if the drive was recognized in the bios by unplugging it and when I checked again my hdd was gone but when I plugged it back in I could see it in the bios again. At one point I was able to get windows to boot with my hdd plugged in but windows didn't recognize my hdd still. I would like to get my hdd recognized again and I don't want to lose any of my files. I don't have any other computer to test my hdd on btw. Thank you for your time. Please help me.

Cerbrus

Cerbrus

Forum Veteran

• 1,051 posts

We'll I was using my pc which is custom built fine. Then all off a sudden a window popped up saying that it it couldn't find the D drive which is my hdd. So I turned my computer off then on and now it won't boot from my ssd which my windows is installed on. My bios recognizes both my ssd and hdd. When I unplug my hdd I am able to boot up to windows. But soon as I plug in my hdd it is stuck on the motherboard loading screen. I tested to see if the drive was recognized in the bios by unplugging it and when I checked again my hdd was gone but when I plugged it back in I could see it in the bios again. At one point I was able to get windows to boot with my hdd plugged in but windows didn't recognize my hdd still. I would like to get my hdd recognized again and I don't want to lose any of my files. I don't have any other computer to test my hdd on btw. Thank you for your time. Please help me.

Have you tried using another hhd? It's either your hhd's problem or there might be a problem with windows and they can not see your hhd.

cat

cat

• 86 posts

• LocationA1

Step 1. STOP fucking with the HDD. Just dont risk messing with it, HDDs are SUPER sensitive. Its possible your HDD had a system board failure (The data is still alive). I recommend you connect your HDD, and boot off a Linux USB stick. When you're booted in, Linux should find the disk drive (Linux is much better with drives than windows). Copy the files off as soon as you can. After that, we can safely try to figure out what happened to your HDD. Try reinstalling the HDD on your main system and install crystaldiskinfo, if it can find your HDD it will tell you its health status.

​LINKS:

​BOOT DISK: https://linuxmint.co...ion.php?id=226

​Install LinuxMint onto a USB stick with "Rufus" OR burn it to a DVD. When you boot into it, DO NOT install linux mint, select "try linux mint", it should allow you to access your drive.

​CRYSTALDISKINFO: http://crystalmark.i...fo/index-e.html

Ruby

Ruby

-{Designer}-

• 793 posts

• LocationHaven

Step 1. STOP fucking with the HDD. Just dont risk messing with it, HDDs are SUPER sensitive. Its possible your HDD had a system board failure (The data is still alive). I recommend you connect your HDD, and boot off a Linux USB stick. When you're booted in, Linux should find the disk drive (Linux is much better with drives than windows). Copy the files off as soon as you can. After that, we can safely try to figure out what happened to your HDD. Try reinstalling the HDD on your main system and install crystaldiskinfo, if it can find your HDD it will tell you its health status.

​LINKS:
​BOOT DISK: https://linuxmint.co...tion.php?id=226

​Install LinuxMint onto a USB stick with "Rufus" OR burn it to a DVD. When you boot into it, DO NOT install linux mint, select "try linux mint", it should allow you to access your drive.

Thank you. I will try this when I get home from school but I have one concern that I just noticed. I guess while I was shipping my pc the side got pushed in and the part of the hdd where you put the SATA connector the L shaped plastic part where the pins are at on the HDD broke off. I just plugged it in with the plastic piece in the SATA cable. Do you think I could just get a docking station to take out all of my stuff and transfer it to a new drive or is the drive still fine and I should try the Linux thing. Thank You!

Xexot

Xexot

• 108 posts

Have you tried using another hhd? It's either your hhd's problem or there might be a problem with windows and they can not see your hhd.

HDD* and stfu u play on a laptop u don't know shit about pc's.

Ruby

Ruby

-{Designer}-

• 793 posts

• LocationHaven

HDD* and stfu u play on a laptop u don't know shit about pc's.

Obviously I don't know crap if I'm asking for help as well as you probably don't because you didn't post any help. Also I know it is HDD but I was writing it on my phone at school and it kept auto correcting it and I'm sure someone will get the point it says HDD. Also I do not play on a laptop. As you can see it says custom built pc. If you ain't gonna help then don't post here

Cerbrus

Cerbrus

Forum Veteran

• 1,051 posts

Obviously I don't know crap if I'm asking for help as well as you probably don't because you didn't post any help. Also I know it is HDD but I was writing it on my phone at school and it kept auto correcting it and I'm sure someone will get the point it says HDD. Also I do not play on a laptop. As you can see it says custom built pc. If you ain't gonna help then don't post here

He's talking to me and just ignore him he's just shit posting around.

Ruby

Ruby

-{Designer}-

• 793 posts

• LocationHaven

​LINKS:

​BOOT DISK: https://linuxmint.co...ion.php?id=226

Ok im going to try this but I ordered a new drive to put all my stuff in if i can access it in linux. If I am able to access my files how can I copy all of them from my hdd to my portable hard drive back to the new drive? My windows is on my ssd. On the HDD is all my files like my games and stuff which I would like to get it to the new drive if I can access my old drive. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Ruby, 12 January 2017 - 01:38 AM.

Ruby

Ruby

-{Designer}-

• 793 posts

• LocationHaven

​LINKS:
​BOOT DISK: https://linuxmint.co...tion.php?id=226

Ok I went into Linux and did a command and it only found my ssd.

cat

cat

• 86 posts

• LocationA1

Thats....bad....

part of the hdd where you put the SATA connector the L shaped plastic part where the pins are at on the HDD broke off. I just plugged it in with the plastic piece in the SATA cable.

If the contacts touched correctly, this should work. You can also try CAREFULLY supergluing the plastic back on, but it requires a very steady hand.

Its possible either your BIOS for some strange reason isnt recognizing your drive, or the drive's board is dead. If the data is THAT important, I have one final solution, but it is a bit difficult.

You can buy an identical hard drive (SAME MODEL NUMBER!) that is BROKEN/FAILED on ebay for cheap. Then, take out its system board, DESOLDER its BIOS chip, DESOLDER your current drives BIOS chip. THEN, solder your current drive's BIOS chip into the new system board.

Then install the board into your HDD, then your HDD should be fresh and new again.

More info here: http://www.hdd-parts...ake-photos.html

If its THAT important, you can get companies to do this for you, unless you're good at soldering PCBs. BEFORE you do anything like this, try your HDD on another system. If all the connectors on the broken "L Shaped" part are still ok and straight, superglue the plastic back onto the broken part carefully and try it in a new pc.

Heres the good news: Its most likely (75-80%) that your data is still ok on the drive, if you really need, you can get a data recovery service to get your data back.

If I am correct, I am assuming it broke like this?

http://i56.tinypic.com/67idnb.jpg

https://images.duckd.../Picture185.jpg

Ruby

Ruby

-{Designer}-

• 793 posts

• LocationHaven

Thats....bad....

If the contacts touched correctly, this should work. You can also try CAREFULLY supergluing the plastic back on, but it requires a very steady hand.

Its possible either your BIOS for some strange reason isnt recognizing your drive, or the drive's board is dead. If the data is THAT important, I have one final solution, but it is a bit difficult.

You can buy an identical hard drive (SAME MODEL NUMBER!) that is BROKEN/FAILED on ebay for cheap. Then, take out its system board, DESOLDER its BIOS chip, DESOLDER your current drives BIOS chip. THEN, solder your current drive's BIOS chip into the new system board.

Then install the board into your HDD, then your HDD should be fresh and new again.

More info here: http://www.hdd-parts...ake-photos.html

If its THAT important, you can get companies to do this for you, unless you're good at soldering PCBs. BEFORE you do anything like this, try your HDD on another system. If all the connectors on the broken "L Shaped" part are still ok and straight, superglue the plastic back onto the broken part carefully and try it in a new pc.

Heres the good news: Its most likely (75-80%) that your data is still ok on the drive, if you really need, you can get a data recovery service to get your data back.

If I am correct, I am assuming it broke like this?

http://i56.tinypic.com/67idnb.jpg

https://images.duckd.../Picture185.jpg

Yeah. It was like this for a long time but just now it no longer reads. I still couldn't find it in linux unless I was doing something wrong but I could find it in the BIOS or when I press f11 to select a boot drive. Also when I plug in my HDD I can't boot to windows until I unplug it sometimes. Then at one point when it was plugged in all my apps kept coming back in flashes but it stopped. Like it would all come back then it would disappear.

cat

cat

• 86 posts

• LocationA1

Yeah that sounds like its the system board. You could try a board swap (involves soldering) or you can just keep trying until its recognized and quickly get your files off. There are pro data recovery services but they charge up to $1000. If I were you, I would try it on another computer before doing anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users